Daytime Dog Walking
This is great for dogs whose owners work long hours, puppies or elderly dogs who can't hold it all day or dogs who need a bit more exercise than their owners are able to provide. These visits really benefit the dogs because they get extra exercise during the day when they are typically just lying around. This helps dogs stay healthy and happy and a happy dog makes for a happy dog owner.
Walk or Backyard Playtime
A Special Treat for Your Special Pet
Vacation Pet Sitting
Our vacation pet sitting is for owners who prefer not to board their pets when they are away for an extended time. These clients want their pets to be comfortable in their own home with their own toys, smells, food, etc while they are away. We typically do three to five visits a day for these pets with at least one walk per day. We always keep in contact with the owners who are away with a text or call to let them know how their pets are doing.
Pet Care in Your Own Home
3 to 5 Visits Per Day
At Least 1 Walk Per Day
Text or Phone Call Communication with Owners
Policies and FAQs
It is best to book in advance to ensure the booking dates you desire. Peak times are holidays and the summer months. An in-home consultation, as well as required paperwork and two house keys are necessary before any services can be provided.
- Because we feel it is necessary for your pet’s welfare, we require a minimum of three visits per day for dogs and one visit per day for cats. In order to maintain our level of service, these minimums will not be adjusted for any circumstances. We offer several visit options. Our most common is the 30-minute visit. There are longer visits available in the event that your pet needs additional care.
- For all new clients, we require a deposit of 50% of your total bill. The remaining balance will be due after your return. An invoice will be provided to you at the end of the month with your remaining balance and may be paid online through our website or by check. All checks must be made out to Latchkey Pets and mailed to PO Box 6516, Lee’s Summit, MO 64064. Existing clients will be provided with an invoice upon their return for the entire length of services.
- Cancellations must be provided 24 hours prior to the first visit during non-peak times; a two week notice is required for peak times. If a cancellation is received after the required notice, Latchkey Pets retains the full amount of the deposit. Cancellations must be provided by text or call directly to our office during office hours OR by email if it is after hours.
- When vacation pet sitting clients return home from a trip, we ask that they contact their pet sitter immediately. If a client is delayed in returning home, Latchkey Pets will automatically continue making visits until we verify from our client that the pets are being cared for. If you do not let your sitter know of your return, and we make an unnecessary visit, you will be billed for the visit.
- Our most common daytime dog walking visit is 30 minutes. We also offer 45 minute or 60 minute visit options. Most of our visits involve a 20-25 minute dog walk. However, we do have clients that prefer their dogs play in the backyard or inside instead.
- All daytime dog walking clients will be billed once a month. An invoice will be emailed during the last week of the month for the entire month of service. Your bill will be due by the 5th of the following month.
- A 24 hour cancellation notice is required for all daytime dog walking services. Failure to provide the required notice will result in the scheduled visit being charged, as we will not be able to rebook your time slot. Cancellations must be provided by text or call directly to our office number during office hours OR by email if it is after hours.
- Latchkey Pets most common visit is 30 minutes at a rate of $20. Our 45 minute visit is $26 and our 60 minute visit is $32. Payments can be made through the Pay Now button on our website or by check. All checks must be made out to Latchkey Pets and mailed to PO Box 6516, Lee’s Summit, MO 64064. A $30 fee will apply to all returned checks.
- Holiday rates are the standard rate plus an additional $6 holiday fee for each visit. For example, a 30 minute visit would be $26. These rates will apply on New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
We send out all invoices once a month, at the end of the month. All invoices will be due on the 5th of the following month. A late fee of $10 will be assessed if we do not receive your payment by the 15th of the month.
We feel that communication with our clients is very important. Our pet sitters are happy to provide clients with one email/text per visit and subsequent conversation regarding that visit. This will typically include a picture of your pet. If you have additional information you would like us to provide or any concerns, please contact our office during office hours.
Our daytime dog walking clients will communicate with their assigned walker on a regular basis. Please contact our office if you are not receiving regular updates regarding your dog from your walker.
- Latchkey Pets takes your home security very seriously. As much as you want your home to be safe while you are away, we want it to be safe when we are entering it. We keep all keys on a key chain with your pet’s name identifying the key. We will never put your last name or address on your key or on your personal information forms. We are able to operate your home alarms and the same applies to your alarm code.
- All dogs are required to be walked on a leash. If you have a dog that struggles with walking on a leash, please let us know. There are specialized products available to make walks more enjoyable and safer for your pet. We would be happy to provide recommendations upon request. If the home has a fenced in backyard, it is the responsibility of the pet owner to ensure the fence is safe and contains your specific sized pet. All dogs with electronic fences are required to wear their collars (unless taking a walk outside of their yard) and for the units to be in proper working condition.
- In order for Latchkey Pets to ensure the safety of your pet, we cannot accept any shared pet sitting services with your friends, family or neighbors. We are unable to provide pet sitting services if you have family or guests staying in your home while you are away.
- The length of the dog walk may be shorter due to certain situations (ice, thunderstorms, heavy rain, high humidity, dangerous street conditions or if your sitter has determined it is in your dog’s best interest.) For these conditions, dogs will be let outside for a potty break, play inside and then have another potty break at the end of the visit.
- We strongly advise you to give a house key to a nearby neighbor in the event that your pet sitter cannot get to your home due to closed roads (i.e., fire, flooding, snow, etc.). Additionally, in the event of a natural disaster, Latchkey Pets will do our best to ensure your pets safety and secure your home.
- If your regularly scheduled pet sitter becomes ill or has an emergency arise, another qualified pet sitter on our team will fulfill the responsibilities. We love that we have a team of outstanding sitters to provide backups when needed. If this situation occurs, you will be immediately notified of the change and provided all information regarding the replacement sitter. Typically you will meet two sitters at your initial consultation so that you will already be acquainted with who will be in your home.
KEY PICKUP AND RETURN:
- Latchkey Pets requires two house keys before services will be provided. Please double check that these keys work in your lock. One key will be kept with your primary sitter and the second key will be kept in the Latchkey Pets office for emergency use. Latchkey Pets will not pick up or leave keys “under the mat” or the like, and we will not lock the keys in the house at our last visit. We are able to safely retain your keys for future service. Many of our clients enjoy the comfort of knowing that if something (i.e., working late and you can’t get to the animals, iron or stove left on, etc.) does come up, your pet sitter has a key and will be more than happy to help you out in a pinch. If you prefer us to return your key after your services, a $10 fee will apply for mailing keys to your home.
RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE
- Latchkey Pets has the right to refuse services to animals who appear to be aggressive, ill, or could cause harm to the Latchkey Pets team or others, or if we feel that we cannot provide adequate care for your pet. Just as it is important for you to be comfortable with who will be caring for your pets in your home, it is important for each sitter to be comfortable with the pets they will be providing care for.